Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"The Sound of Music" An Inspiration

One of my friends emailed me the pictures of the kids behind the musical movie. Indeed, an inspiration to the present and future generations to come. Allow me to share with you its contents:
__________________________________________________

The 7 Children In "The Sound of Music" - After 40 Years
"The Sound of Music" is a 1965 film. It won the Academy Award for Best Picture of 1965 and is one of the most popular musicals ever produced. Still remember the 7 children of the Trapp family?

They were having a reunion after 40 years and all were looking healthy and amazingly well...




Sound Of Music

The hills are alive
With the sound of music
With songs they have sung
For a thousand years

The hills fill my heart
With the sound of music
My heart wants to sing ev'ry song it hears

My heart wants to beat like the wings of the birds
That rise from the lake to the trees
My heart wants to sigh like a chime that flies
From a church on a breeze

To laugh like a brook when it trips and falls
Over stones on its way
To sing through the night
Like a lark who is learning to prey

I go to the hills
When my heart is lonely
I know I will hear
What I've heard before

My heart will be blessed
With the sound of music
And I'll sing once more


(The owner of this website would like to thank the original source of this article/photos and would like to secure permission for its publication.)

3 comments:

pchi said...

i love sound of music the TV (animation) and movie version

it's good that they are still alive and well after so many years

thank you for sharing their pictures!

Pia said...

i love the sound of music. it's interesting to see how the "children" look like now.

Enn C. Baybay said...

To pchi and Pia,

Thanks for visiting my website.

Best regards, Enn