Sunday, April 20, 2008

Support The Fight Against World Hunger

Help end world hunger
I have spoken to my colleagues about the free rice game and some of them said: "Why don't we just send our monetary contributions." And I told them that this is another way of helping the poor where only time and patience are required. To treat this as a refresher course that will enhance your vocabulary skills and provide enjoyment when you click the correct meaning of the word.

Honestly, the first time we played this game my kids enjoyed it and created an instant bonding among family members.

Manifest your support and make it a habit to play the game everyday and somebody, somewhere, shall benefit from your action.

The following statement is quoted from the Press section of the FreeRice.com:

“Every grain of rice is essential in the fight against hunger . . . FreeRice really hits home how the Web can be harnessed to raise awareness and funds for the world’s number one emergency.”- UN World Food Program

3 comments:

Susan Sonnen said...

I think that it was very clever of you to use this as a family game/bonding time. You get to enjoy your family and help the world at the same time. It really doesn't get any better than that. Way to go!

Spotlight said...

Dear Susan,

Thanks for your comments. Certainly, there are other things we can do better than the game itself. If we are serious to help our poor neighbors, there are many ways to share one's blessings. Some of these, I shall feature in my future blogs.

My best personal regards to you and your family. I remain, Enncrave.

bluesky said...

Another great charity site is AIDtoCHILDREN.com. It donates money to children in need through World Vision.

Check it out at http://www.aidtochildren.com